Crimea during the Russian war against Ukraine – news “from the field”6 / 03 / 2022
The Permanent Representative of the President of Ukraine in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea together with the non-governmental organization CrimeaSOS record the events on the territory of the Russian-occupied Crimea that have taken place since the beginning of the so-called Russian “special military operation” in Ukraine. Below is a digest as of March 6, 2022.
# 1: movement of military equipment in Crimea
On March 5, separate military trucks were spotted in the direction from Feodosia to Dzhankoy. At 00.00 Kyiv time, a column of about 40 tanks was moving towards Dzhankoy.
# 2 traitors of the oath found
According to the Security Service of Ukraine, the broken column of enemy troops near Mykolaiv consisted of the Russian military from Crimea who in 2014 having betrayed the oath to serve Ukraine joined the occupant.
# 3 Crimean hospitals overwhelmed with wounded Russian soldiers
The Sevastopol hospital is currently overwhelmed, and it is reported that new severely wounded Russian servicemen are expected. Hospitals in Armyansk, Krasnoperekopsk and Dzhankoy are overwhelmed with the wounded. There are approximately 1,000-1,500 wounded in each of them. These hospitals accept only the military, civilians are forced to turn to either private clinics or go to Simferopol.
# 4 Stench in the north of Crimea
# 5 population used as a human shield
On February 24, the occupants set up missile launchers in the courtyards of private homes to prevent the Ukrainian military from shelling it as it would not target civilians.
# 6 no longer eager to go to war
Among the first echelon of troops that invaded mainland Ukraine from Crimea, 20-25% of the casualties are due to mines. Their bodies still can’t be put together – an arm is lying in one place and a leg in another.[c][d]
Most of the Russian servicemen in Ukrainian hospitals have no idea how to continue fighting and do not want to take part in the war.
# 7 new wave of repression
The Russian invasion of Ukraine caused a new wave of repression in occupied Crimea. Crimeans are receiving some (rare for now) invitations for “talks” from the Russian FSB.
# 8: 11 Among Russian prisoners of war taken by Ukraine, 11 are from Crimea
According to available information, 11 Russian prisoners of war from Crimea are being held captive by the Ukraine military (names in Russian, according to personal documents):
1) Батовский Михаил Юрьевич, December 3, 1998 (Sevastopol) https://vk.com/batovsky98
2) Бересневич Игорь Олегович, March 9, 1997 (Simferopol)
3) Миронов Дмитрий Алексеевич, March 26, 2000 (Krasnogvardeisky district, Oktyabrske township)
4) Абжелилов Марат Меметович, April 30, 1994 (Kerch) https://vk.com/id268037250
5) Вахтеров Станислав Станиславович, February 5, 1999 (Pervomaisky district)
6) Казаренко Михаил Сергеевич, January 23, 1987 (Simferopol district, Novoandriyivka)
7) Радионов Роман Евгеньевич, July 2, 2001 (Bakhchisaray district, Turgenivka village)
8) Сыроватко Олег Геннадиевич, August 24,1997 (city of Alushta)
9) Слободенюк Владислав Геннадиевич, June 19, 2001 (Bakhchisaray city) https://vk.com/id279103814 wife – https://vk.com/a_prxdko Alina Prikhodko May 1, 2001
10) Столяренко Андрей Владимирович, May 22, 1984 (Sevastopol city) https://vk.com/id593233087
11) Темный Иван Сергеевич October 20, 2000 (Simferopol district, Zarechnoe village) https://vk.com/vdark1337
📌This is just a fraction of the crimes already committed by the totalitarian Russian government in Crimea. But Crimea is resisting, and soon the Ukrainian flag will fly over the cities again. 🇺🇦
❗️We ask conscious Ukrainian citizens in Crimea to inform us about the current situation on the Crimean peninsula.
The President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky, called on Ukrainian citizens to fight in the temporarily occupied territories, just as Kherson, Berdyansk and Kyiv are fighting.
Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦
Crimea is Ukraine! 🇺🇦