CrimeaSOS: exits from the occupied Kherson region

17 / 07 / 2023

Currently, there are several ways to leave the occupied Kherson region to the territories controlled by Ukraine and the countries of the European Union. CrimeaSOS lawyer Anastasiia Kalinina talked about them on the air of Ukrainske Radio

“They leave in the direction of Crimea or in the direction of occupied Donetsk region and Luhansk region through the occupied Zaporizhzhia region. If one leaves through the occupied Donetsk region, a person enters the russian federation and then has a way to cross the border with Estonia to the city of Narva and thus enters the European Union”, — says Anastasiia Kalinina.

Another way is to get to the russian Belgorod region, where there is a checkpoint in the village of Kolotylivka. From there, one can drive to the village of Pokrovka, Sumy region. Currently, that checkpoint is valid only for entering Ukraine.

“If a person wants to go a little further, he/she can go to Belarus, where the Mokrany (Domanove) checkpoint operates. Thus, a person gets to the Volyn region in Ukraine. These ways are chosen by people who want to enter the territory of Ukraine under the control of the Government. It’s cheaper and faster than getting into the European Union, but may be not as safe”, —the lawyer added.

It is also possible to leave for the EU countries through the territory of the russian federation. As a rule, checkpoints on the borders with Estonia or Latvia are chosen. However, it is necessary to monitor their mode of operation. This especially applies to the checkpoint on the border with Latvia, which is periodically closed.

It is also possible to get to EU countries through third countries, in particular: Kazakhstan, Georgia, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Armenia.

It should be remembered that currently the State Border Service of Ukraine allows citizens who have valid and expired passports of Ukrainian citizens, Ukrainian birth certificates or certificates for the return to Ukraine to enter the country. Certificates can be obtained at the consulate of Ukraine in Belarus or at foreign diplomatic institutions of Ukraine.


Вибір редакції

Ще News