In addition, on November 15, the first constituent meeting of the interdepartmental working group on improvement of legislation in the field of human rights of internally displaced persons was held. This group was created in accordance with the order of the Minister on Temporary Occupied Territories and Internally Displaced Persons of Ukraine Vadym Chernysh.
The activists hope that through the working group in Ministry for Temporary Occupied Territories and Internally Displaced Persons of Ukraine it will be possible to follow the road map and work together to realize the full protection of the rights of IDPs.
The road map contains 6 steps:
1. Amend the Resolution of Cabinet of Ministers №365 "Some questions of implementation of social payments to internally displaced persons" by deletion of the discriminatory provisions. The control mechanisms for social benefits for IDPs should not differ from the control mechanisms for all other citizens of Ukraine.
2. Amend Resolution of Cabinet of Ministers №505 "On providing monthly targeted financial support to internally displaced persons from the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine and anti-terrorist operation area to cover livelihood, including housing and utilities". It is necessary to link the size of targeted assistance to the ever-growing living wage, which will harmonize the calculation of all types of social assistance.
3. Amend Resolution of Cabinet of Ministers №637 "On welfare payments to persons displaced from the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine and antiterrorist operation conduct districts" by deletion of the obligation to provide IDPs' certificates at registration of pension and social benefits; separate cash assistance payments to displaced persons from other social benefits and pensions payments in accordance with the Resolution of Cabinet of Ministers №505 .
4. Develop and approve together with the representatives of national and international organizations a scheme of pension payments for citizens living in the territories beyond the control of the Government of Ukraine in Donetsk and Lugansk regions .
5. Cancel the decision of the Government as for March 14, 2016 №167 on holding all social payments through the accounts, network of institutions and units of public Joint Stock Company "Oshchadbank" (State Savings Bank of Ukraine) as such that restricts the rights of IDPs.
6. Analyze the legislation of Ukraine to ensure the rights and freedoms of IDPs in accordance with international human rights standards and the dispositions of the Constitution of Ukraine and, in the case of inconsistencies, suggest necessary changes.
The text of the road map can be found in Ukrainian below or download it here.