The Supreme Court of the Russian Federation sentenced defendant in the «Hizb ut-Tahrir case» Ruslan Zeitullayev to 15 years of imprisonment, with one year of restriction of liberty after serving the punishment. Journalist Anton Naumliuk reported this on his Facebook page.
Lawyer Emil Kurbedinov stated in the video-message which he published on Facebook, that the defense’s arguments had been ignored and absolutely disregarded by the court.
Lawyer Edem Semedlyayev added that it was totally unclear to him, «how they could make any other sentence basing on the same evidence, the same examinations’ results which were at the previous hearing».
«I am convinced that Ruslan will not spend 15 years in prison, that he will go free much earlier and everything will get back to normal», – Edem Semedlyayev said.
Emil Kurbedinov noted that he was sure the FSB had lobbied the reconsideration of Ruslan Zeitullayev’s case.
«Now we are sending the materials related to the three guys who had been convicted together with Ruslan, to the ECHR. Regarding Ruslan Zeitullayev, we will also send a complaint to the European Court of Human Rights, and we are preparing the materials for the International Criminal Court and the International Court of Justice of the United Nations», – lawyer Kurbedinov told.
Today, on July 27, Ruslan Zeitullayev announced another hunger-strike in court, demanding to admit Commissioner on Human Rights in Ukraine Valeriya Lutkovska, Russian human rights defenders, journalists and a representative of the Consulate General of Ukraine, to him.
In April, the North-Caucasian district military court sentenced defendant in the «Hizb ut-Tahrir case» Ruslan Zeitullayev to 12 years of imprisonment in a reinforced-security colony.