Today, on March 2, the Kyiv district court of Simferopol prolonged the term of staying in custody for defendant in the «diversionists case» Andrii Zakhtei by three months. Lawyer Oleksii Ladin has informed this in a comment for QirimInfo.
«The investigators petitioned to prolong the term of staying in custody for the whole three months, till June 7. Predictably, the petition was satisfied,» – Ladin has told.
Andrii Zakhtei was delivered to the court session.
«I have worked [as a lawyer] for 15 years, but I have never seen such brutal convoy. They delivered both Zakhtei and Panov in “the swallow pose”: one arm painfully twisted behind the back, head lowered to the floor. The convoys were wearing the black uniforms and masks. Even the judge, when she entered the court hall, said: «Oh, God, you scared me». I couldn’t speak with Andrii, but I am going to visit him in the remand prison soon, » – the lawyer has said.
Important to note, on February 15 Evhen Panov and Andrii Zakhtei were transferred from the Lefortovo remand prison back to the Crimea. Previously, lawyer Ilya Novikov claimed the investigation of their case was close to completion.
Andrii Zakhtei and Evhen Panov were detained by the Russian force structures in the Crimea in early August 2016. The Russian secret services claim that they were members of the «group of diversionists», which allegedly planned to commit terrorist attacks at the objects of the tourist and social infrastructure of the peninsula. At least 8 people were detained together with them. The Federal Security Service’s officers used tortures against them during interrogations.